ISO 27001 – Information Security Management
It is not easy to initiate and run a big organisation, is it? And the implementation processes and investments of different security managements are harder than that, especially in case of information security. The pillar of any business organisation confides on its hard-earned information base. Hence, it is of high importance to take control of that knowledge base and protect it with every resource an organisation can ever provide. But no haphazard investment decision in the field of security management will endow you with the best result, will it? Such random process can hardly protect your IT data aspects and leave all your non-IT data vulnerable and unprotected. However, to tie up this end of the thread, the implementation of ISO 27001 is highly effective.
What is ISO 27001?
The whole concept of ISO 27001 rests in the field of managing information security of any business organisation. It is an International Standard that has been published by the International Standardization Organisation or ISO. It can be well defined as the best International Standard that provides simple strategies to lock away all the information of any organisation irrespective of its nature. Not only ISO 27001 provides a great methodology to implement and manage information security, but it also helps a company to be certified under an Independent certification body.
Features of ISO 27001
The essential features of ISO 27001 are as follows–
- The de-facto international standard for information security management.
- Provides you with a perfect way of protecting all your valuable information, irrespective of IT and non-IT nature.
- Tags you as a certified organisation which in-turn helps you to attract different loyal customers.
- It also works as a legal entity of fulfilling every commercial and contractual agreement.
Benefits of ISO 27001
The advantage of using ISO 27001 as your information security management partner is so vast that it cannot be described in a few words. However, here we have put the beneficial character of ISO 27001 in the below points–
- Protect valuable data and intellectual property– When a client is relying on your business, they expect you to have the perfect information security management process to protect their valuable data and intellectual property, irrespective of nature, IT or non-IT. And the international standardised procedure of ISO 27001 will provide your client with that assurance.
- Good customer base– Nothing can attract a client like a privilege of having the perfect security protection from cyber threats. And if you are able to apply such security with ISO 27001, it is definite that you will form a great client base in no time.
- Avoid unnecessary financial loss– Any kind of threat to your information base does not only lower down the reputation of the business, but it also incurs a heavy financial loss too. ISO 27001-certification is the world’s most popular information security management base that will protect you from losing such financial credit.
- Interoperability between groups within an organisation– Apart from all the protection related issues, ISO 27001 will also help you to establish a great inter-operable base between different groups in any organisation.
Why your organisation should opt for it?
The importance of having ISO 27001 is evident from the following points. However, ISO 27001 is the certification tag of your organisation that sends a clear message to all your clients– ‘This organisation always follows the correct path.’ From monitoring to maintaining and improving the base of your information security management procedure, ISO 27001 provides you with a pillar of confident that in turn attracts customers and other organisations.
The latest version of this standard was published in 2013, and the full title of the version is ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Also, ISO 27001 is considered to be the best information security standard globally, and almost all the major companies use this standard of protection.